Chapter 1: Financial Statements: Personal Accounting
Chapter 2: Linking Personal Accounting to Business Accounting
Chapter 3: The Accounting Framework
Chapter 4: The Accounting Cycle: Journals and Ledgers
Chapter 5: The Accounting Cycle: Adjustments
Chapter 6: The Accounting Cycle: Statements and Closing Entries
Chapter 7: Inventory: Merchandising Transactions
Chapter 8: Inventory Valuation
Chapter 9: Accounting Information Systems
Chapter 10: Cash and Internal Controls
Chapter 11: Payroll
Chapter 12: Analyzing Accounting Information
Accounting as a Second Language
The AME Learning System™ is a unique and patented teaching approach that works. Originally designed to teach accounting and financial literacy to non-financial managers in the business world, the AME Learning System™ later evolved into highly- effective courseware for higher education. The system incorporates the best of cognitive science, technology and learning principles into an active learning approach that emphasizes constant decision-making, real-world examples and impact over memorization.
With the AME system, students work through a set of multi-sensory interactive online tutorials which will prepare them with the key concepts they need to know before going to class. This allows instructors to better focus on the application of these concepts in class. Instructors can flexibly set up deadlines and completion conditions for all resources (including these tutorials) to build a course that works for them..
Financial Accounting Taught Differently
VERSION 5.0 STUDENT AND INSTRUCTOR EXPERIENCE IMPROVEMENTS:
- • Upgraded Accounting Map™ Tutorials including new interface, pause control, closed-captioning and menu mapping.
- • E-Workbook Evolution: Workbooks available as fillable PDFs.
- • All Resources Accessibility Compliant.
- • Enhanced Workbook: New problems added providing greater variety and complexity.
- • Improved AME Engage™ learning analytics for tracking of progress on learning objectives.
Key Accounting Principles, frames the study of accounting in a highly-practical, fully integrated and interactive learning experience.
• Perfect for both Accounting Majors and Non-majors Accounting Courses (Office Admin, HR, Legal, Sports Management)
• Students have little experience with their own finances or accounting, so the AME approach starts with “personal accounting” early in the course so students can understand basic accounting logic and principles from a personal perspective before quickly moving on to applications in a business context.
• The AME approach has been proven to lead to
– a significant improvement in engagement and grades
– a significant reduction in drop-outs and failure rates
Chapter 1: Accounting for Receivables
Chapter 2: Long-Term Assets
Chapter 3: Current Liabilities
Chapter 4: Partnerships
Chapter 5: Corporations: Contributed Capital and Dividends
Chapter 6: Corporations: The Financial Statements
Chapter 7: Long-Term Liabilities
Chapter 8: Investments
Chapter 9: The Statement of Cash Flows
Chapter 10: Financial Statement Analysis
Key Accounting Principles, V5.0 expands on its proven foundation of supporting student engagement and success by presenting these new and revised features:
- • Learning objectives better correspond to the depth of the material presented in each chapter, strictly following Bloom’s taxonomy.
- • A new section at the beginning of each chapter, Making It Real to You, connects students with the content by showing them how accounting affects their everyday lives.
- • Pause & Reflect Exercises providing students with formative assessment opportunities have been added to each chapter.
- • The In Summary section has been revised to better link to the learning objectives.
- • Upgrades and improvements to the Accounting MAP™ Tutorials and AME Engage™ user experience.
AME Engage™ is an online, interactive component of the AME Learning System featuring the Accounting Map™, a digital and highly visual interactive balance sheet and income statement for powerful and practical transactional learning. Students will access Interactive Pre-Class Tutorials, Quizzes, and Post-Class Homework. Plus a digital textbook and workbook allow students to quickly access homework related questions and subject matter.
Our AME Assistants act as your teaching assistant to help you create and curate your course and its materials.
We customize experience, content, and your support because we know our customers personally. We ensure our technology is portable and interoperable with your platforms and we organize our materials to match your needs and processes, giving you more free time to focus on what matters most: your students!